Beskrivning av projektet
About 3% of Finns develop aneurysms (IA) on intracranial arteries, with increasing age, female gender, hypertension (70%), smoking and IA-family (15%) as risk factors. Annually 350 have subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH); >30% die and many have neurological and psychosocial problems. Kuopio IA Group (Academy funding since 2008) has profoundly studied IA and SAH in Eastern Finland. Kuopio IA Database contains 4.500 IA patients and their 52.000 relatives and 13.500 controls.
Work packages for 2018-21 are
1. detailed characterization of unruptured IA-disease.
2. familial penetrance of IA disease.
3. molecular biology of IA wall.
4. comorbid common, rare or inherited diseases.
5. rare fusiform IA disease.
6. longterm neuro/psycho/socio/economic outcome after SAH.
7. novel Open Access Risk and Outcome Calculator for IA and SAH.
8. novel IA Gene Panel to predict carriership of IA and comorbid diseases.